We will be examining the works of William Blake, and trying to identify how a teenager views them.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nature and Me (prose poem)

I sit staring into nature and all its entirety,  it continues to make my  mind be blown with its vast complexity. I can smell the flowers all day, and never smell the same thing twice. The amount of difference in nature makes all of my senses be overloaded at the same time. It then starts to rain, which on any normal day can make me sad, but out in nature it creates an aura of good feelings around my mind. It makes me feel like I am connected into this once untouched area of life. Everything around me is gaining life from the rain, and all I want to usually do is make it stop. How selfish of me to try and deprive the life from these creatures around me. The rain is wet, and cooling, almost a calming effect it has. The rain is clearing my mind as I sit staring into nature again. All day I just sit staring into the great unknown that has made my mind wonder so many things. Again and again my senses are overloaded with the info that makes my brain grow, the feeling of this can blast through the capacity that it can handle. It causes me to look deeper into my soul and contemplate the reason I am really in the middle of Nature. I came to get away from my work and stress, but as luck would have it I am now beginning to understand all of nature and its complexities. It teaches me more and more everyday, in every way, but hey it still takes my mind off of the mind numbing effort that awaits me when I arrive back from my ever important learning adventure into nature. And so I leave my humble abode that has provided me more questions than I had arrived with, but I still thank nature for showing me the unknown depths of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment